You can't watch DVD or full-length movies, but you can stuff video onto a SD Card (2GB maximum) and stream it through the Wii.
1) Download the movie to your PC. It should be noted that downloading movies, or "ripping" content from studios without paying for them through a legitimate site (like itunes.com) is a crime. You can be prosecuted and face a stiff fine and jail time. However, assuming you rightfully paying for the files, download them.
2) Convert into the correct format. In order for you to play movies on your Nintendo Wii, they must be in one of the following formats: DivX, Avi, MPG or MOV. (Some files may already be in these formats.) If not, download "Virtual Dub" (by searching in your favorite search engine). It's free and it will make sure your files are in the correct format.
3) Download Wii Video 9. This is the integral program which will serve as the program which actually plays the file on the Wii. It is free to download, and literally only takes minutes to open.
4) Purchase an SD Card. The bigger the card the better. But make sure it's at least 2GB. These can be found on ebay, or at Circuit City or Best Buy.
5) Insert SD Card. Place the SD card into your computer and save the video file (which should now be in the correct format) on the SD card.
6) Place SD card in your Nintendo Wii. Place the SD card in the wii. Then turn the setting to the "photo channel," use your controller to press play and sit back and enjoy your movie! Congratulations, you have just learned how to watch movies on your Nintendo Wii.
You can get a 2GB SD card here:
Wiimote Project » Recent Posts
on: Today at 09:06:22 AM
|Started by phani027 - Last post by jimmyspenser|
Wiimote Projects / Wiimote accelerometer & motions detecting projects / Re: Accelerometer Calculations
on: Today at 08:40:23 AM
|Started by wiidiscgolf - Last post by jimmyspenser|
Accelerometers are dynamic measurement devices. The piezoelectric elements create a charge when deformed. However, that charge is quickly dissipated due to voltage leakage. For eample, they are good for cyclic vibrations that induce sinusoidal accelerations (a vibrating piece of machinery), but they do not work under a continuous acceleration (like gravity).
Honestly, I think that the accelerations are going to be so small that your measured signal is going to get lost in the usual noise of a system. However, it's easy enough to set up. Give it a go.
on: Today at 08:24:17 AM
|Started by RainbowDash - Last post by jimmyspenser|
1. Attach the Nunchuk to your Wii remote by inserting the Nunchuk plug into the connector outlet located on the bottom of your Wii remote. Push the Nunchuk plug in until you hear it click into place.
2.Hold the Nunchuk with your thumb on the analog stick and your pointer finger on the "Z," or "Trigger" button. Hold the Wii remote and the Nunchuk in front of you, pointed at your TV to prepare for game play. Use the Nunchuk for your weaker hand in games like boxing.
3. Employ the Wii Nunchuk as a standard remote, with the analog stick controlling character movements, when playing games such as Zelda. The targeting control for the game is done by using the "Z" button.
4. Use the Nunchuk for more accuracy in games like Mario Kart Wii. The analog stick gives more control to your movements than the gaming wheel and cuts down on the paraphernalia cluttering your living room.
on: Today at 07:57:55 AM
|Started by jimmyspenser - Last post by jimmyspenser|
This is Matt, newbie here. Nice to meet you all. Hope we'll get in touch.
All the best.
Wiimote Projects / Wiimote Gaming & Flash Gaming Projects / New 3ds flashcart K3ds production stared
on: July 21, 2014, 07:53:51 AM
|Started by smilecherry - Last post by smilecherry|
Got the news from K3DS official site that they announced that the K3DS has started producion on 20th July , 2014.
Great news for 3ds flashcart users , k3ds is the first all in one card for playing 3ds games ,hope it can open a new century of 3ds flashcart . If you are interested in this card, get more details from this k3ds offical reseller, they always release the news fast as well as the proudct: K3DS card
Here is the quote from the official site :
20.7.2014: Production has started
We had very busy last weeks so that we were not able to answer the mails in time. Several features of our Launcher are close to be finished and the first batches are close to completion.
That means that we will contact our reviewers soon regarding the samples. Please do not ask us directly, we will write you email when we can ship your card.
We will complete our launcher before we ship out any PCBs. So please be patient and don't preorder yet.