Wiimote Project » Hardware Support » IR Pens » Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver WiiMote Pen
: [1]

: Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver WiiMote Pen  ( 8668 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 1
« : June 09, 2008, 08:01:55 PM »

I was recently speaking with one of my colleagues and we were just mesmerized by the Whiteboard and the IR pen.  And then it occured to me while I was watching Doctor Who...wouldn't it be cool to take a current sonic screwdriver found on ThinkGeek (http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/cubegoodies/8cff/) and put an IR pen in it to be used with the Wiimote?  I'm hoping that I'll be able to knock this around with you folks and see if it is feasible.  The Sonic screwdriver already has a pen, and on the other side it has an LED.  I figure that I could replace the LED with a blue Infrared LED and wire it up to the existing switch inside AND the two AR613 batteries which each are 1.5V.  Can I get other people's thoughts on this?  I'm a Systems Engineer that goes out to customers alot and this...well this would be fabulous. 

Hoping to hear what you guys think.

FG.
: 2
« #1 : November 20, 2013, 01:47:41 PM »

I cheated and took the head of a commercial IR pen and placed on the end of the 10th doctor's sonic screwdriver. It goes where the pen fits.
: [1]

:  

Clicky Web Analytics