Wiimote Project » Wiimote Projects » Other Projects » WiiFit Balance Board for Posture/Balance Application Any libs available?
: [1]

: WiiFit Balance Board for Posture/Balance Application Any libs available?  ( 16909 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 3
« : November 13, 2008, 06:03:16 PM »

I know WiiFit has this all built in but I'd like to build a few custom apps specific for chiropractor studies.

Yes, I have done searches but still can't track down WiiFit libs examples etc. I keep getting pointed at the wiki but again it's buried in there somewhere...

Any kind soul that wish to point me in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Support Admin
: 1178
MSN Messenger - benpaddlejones@live.com.au
« #1 : November 13, 2008, 06:31:05 PM »

Raycaster
The WiiFit is just a 4 point scale (one on each corner). The software is inside the Wii has the algorithms for calculating the Posture/Balance.

Benpaddlejones :)

See my full profile and links on my Google Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/benpaddlejones
« #2 : November 13, 2008, 07:24:13 PM »

Thank you for the reply.

Obtaining the pressure data via bluetooth is a no go?

: 59
« #3 : November 14, 2008, 10:33:22 AM »

wiiremotej does support wii fit .
Support Admin
: 1178
MSN Messenger - benpaddlejones@live.com.au
« #4 : November 14, 2008, 04:34:34 PM »

Raycaster
Yes wiiremotej is your answer, but you will need to work out the calculations it will just give you raw data. My understanding of your question was you wanted the whole lot not just the data from the device.

benpaddlejones :)

See my full profile and links on my Google Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/benpaddlejones
« #5 : November 14, 2008, 06:03:08 PM »

Thank you for the replies.

I was thinking putting a more "professional" look to apps for the wiifit. Possible posture/balance apps for chiropractors with database hooks could be useful.

Possible patient tracking of posture/balance & weight would be handy. The WiiFit software does a great job but doesn't have a serious enough look for a doctor's office.

Yup, basically just duplicate the wiifit software but add database integration.

Guru
: 203
MSN Messenger - stoneydumples@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - stoneydumples
« #6 : March 17, 2009, 02:48:44 PM »

I fully agree. Also the limit of only eight profiles would not be ideal for a professional setting.

~"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."~
- EF Schumacher
« #7 : June 15, 2009, 11:43:36 AM »

Brian Peek has created a .NET library for Windows for many of the Wii devices, including the Wii Fit. You can use the free Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition to do the development of your software using his library.

http://www.brianpeek.com/blog/pages/wiimotelib.aspx

For the Wii Fit, his library exposes the individual values of each of the 4 weight sensors and also a Center-of-Gravity calculated value. You can also retrieve the current Battery level. I think you can also get the Calibration Info also. Most of his library is aimed at the Wiimote.

I've successfully connected to the Wii Fit and collected live data with his dll library. For me, the hardest part was getting a Bluetooth connection to the Wii Fit. Connecting to the Wiimote via Bluetooth was simple and consistent. I found the Wii Fit is much more difficult to get it to be Recognized and Connected with the HID service enabled.

For my Rocketfish USB Bluetooth adapter, there appears to be some issues. I'm looking for a better adapter or stack.

Troy
: 8
« #8 : November 09, 2009, 10:47:06 AM »

Connecting to the Wiimote via Bluetooth was simple and consistent.

How did you do that? 'been wrestling with it in Win7 with not much luck.
: 2
« #9 : October 31, 2013, 07:52:14 AM »

I appreciate so much that you know and can share these experiences.
With my friends as well.

: [1]

:  

Clicky Web Analytics