Wiimote Project » Hardware Support » Bluetooth & Connectivity Knowledge Center » WiimoteConnect 0.6 (support for autoconnect)
: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

: WiimoteConnect 0.6 (support for autoconnect)  ( 213301 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Support Admin
: 1178
MSN Messenger - benpaddlejones@live.com.au
« #15 : February 23, 2009, 09:59:41 PM »

iceman321
Remove all bluesoleil & widcomm (Bluesoleil v3 will bluescreen anyway).

Follow this: http://www.shootingsoftware.com/Widcomm.htm

Enjoy thex's wonderful work!

benpaddlejones

See my full profile and links on my Google Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/benpaddlejones
: 28
« #16 : February 23, 2009, 10:22:34 PM »

Hi Thex,

"I will add the "autostart with windows" option, it's not a big thing. I don't know why you want that message go away as it is helpfull if you only got that 20 seconds to sync. Maybe I'll add an option to disable it."

---- I want it be removed because if I get my wiimote already learned, and tape down the 1 and 2 buttons permanently, the wiimote stays in sync mode permanently (the power is not a problem as I'm powering it with a AC power supply), so all I need to do now is just start my pc, and click on your wiiconnect, then wait the wiimote to be connected automatically, it's wonderful! when you add the autostart feature, it is completely automatic, need no human intervention at all, isn't it?

Thanks for making the great software and listening to us!
: 83
« #17 : February 24, 2009, 05:03:28 AM »

ok, now I understand ;)

I'll definitely add it in the next version.

thex

Please donate via paypal to the WiimoteConnect project

project thread!
: 2
« #18 : February 25, 2009, 04:31:12 AM »

Hi thex and other experts!
I find a terrible problem!
When the wiimote connect to the PC(i use windows bluetooth stack and wiimoteconnect0.6),and the smoothboard(the version is Smoothboard_1_0_Setup) have already normal running,i cut the wiimote power,the smoothboard will makes error,and show a menu(detail in attach files),and when i click a ok of this menu,the PC will suddenly become Blue Screen,and restart at once.
But,When the wiimote connect to the PC,and the smoothboard have not running,i cut the wiimote power,everything is ok.
Why is there such a phenomenon?
what a happen?
i guess the problem is smoothboard.not is wiimoteconnect0.6
please give me a answer,thank you very much!

« #19 : February 25, 2009, 05:01:40 AM »

Hey,
I already expierienced this behaviour except the bluescreen. It's a problem with the client apps, not with wiimoteconnect. They don't handle a wiimote ,connected while their software is running, right.

The workaround is to use my app to start the client software and check the autokill option. as soon as a wiimote is connected my software will start the client app and if there is no wiimote connected it will kill the app and start it again when the wiimote is connected again.

thex

project thread!
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #20 : February 25, 2009, 07:34:53 AM »

Hey,
I already expierienced this behaviour except the bluescreen. It's a problem with the client apps, not with wiimoteconnect. They don't handle a wiimote ,connected while their software is running, right.

The workaround is to use my app to start the client software and check the autokill option. as soon as a wiimote is connected my software will start the client app and if there is no wiimote connected it will kill the app and start it again when the wiimote is connected again.

thex

Hi Thex,

Thanks for your great releases for WiimoteConnect.

I have just donated to your project. :)
Although I am using Bluesoleil, my father solely uses your application. It works well for him.

Regarding the error, it looks like the error is caused by Brian Peek's WiimoteLib component. I will see whether I can handle the issue in the next release.

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
« #21 : February 25, 2009, 10:04:26 AM »

Thanks for the donation,
it would be great if the error gets fixed.

maybe just put a try cache block arround it and restart your whole app as a first fix.
but at the moment the workaround i posted should work, but the nag screen then will be a "pain in the **LOVE**" ;)

thex

project thread!
: 20
« #22 : February 26, 2009, 05:38:26 AM »

Hello Thex,
Carsten wrote:
Hi thex,

Any change that you will publish the code under an open source license?

Our schools are also interested to get an answer to Carstens question.
Would it be possible to give us an answer?
Kind regards,
Dirk
: 7
« #23 : February 28, 2009, 11:28:56 AM »

Can you help?  I've installed 0.6 but it won't find my wiimote (no wiimotes found) although the thing is connected - using MS BT on vista home premium with a bluetooth dongle.  currently I have to remove the wiimote from bluetooth places in order to connect it again, which is the reason for your program, I think?  Can't get 0.6 to learn my wiimote, presumably for the same reason it won't find it in the first place?
Adam
« #24 : March 02, 2009, 02:29:58 AM »

hi Thex,

I've had a little issue with the V0.60 on my VISTA laptop, after the wiimote is learnt by V0.60, and when I connect to the wiimote, sometimes it says "no wiimote found" when the wiimote is actually already found and added, so it reports false error message.

Could this be my computer or the software? I guess it has something to do with the software because the v0.59 has always been correct on the pop up message, when it's connected it never says "no wiimote found".

Thank you for looking into this!
« #25 : March 02, 2009, 02:44:17 AM »

hi Thex,

I've had a little issue with the V0.60 on my VISTA laptop, after the wiimote is learnt by V0.60, and when I connect to the wiimote, sometimes it says "no wiimote found" when the wiimote is actually already found and added, so it reports false error message.

Could this be my computer or the software? I guess it has something to do with the software because the v0.59 has always been correct on the pop up message, when it's connected it never says "no wiimote found".

Thank you for looking into this!

It seems if I tick the "clear wiimotes on connect" check box, the false error message has never happened, could this have something to do with it? anyway, this is not an important issue.

I'm curious "clear wiimotes on connect" is for?
: 7
« #26 : March 06, 2009, 08:21:18 PM »

Is there any way to get the program to open more than one application when it starts up?

For example, I would like it to start smoothboard and Linkystivity presenter. Can I put a comma or semicolon between file paths?

Thanks,
Tyler
« #27 : March 08, 2009, 06:37:28 AM »

Is there any way to get the program to open more than one application when it starts up?

For example, I would like it to start smoothboard and Linkystivity presenter. Can I put a comma or semicolon between file paths?

Thanks,
Tyler

No, thats not jet supportet. But you cold create a batch file which starts several applications but they wil not be closed whenn all wiimotes are disconnected.

thex

project thread!
: 2
« #28 : April 08, 2009, 11:48:36 AM »

For everyone who wants to use wiimoteconnect AND the widcomm stack there is a simple solution:
1.use the taskmanager to kill bttray.exe
2.remove the bluetoothdevice from the list in the devicemanager(if the driver is not certified copy the hardware_id before(follow the tutorial mentioned in the first post))
3.replug the device
4.let windows install the drivers automatically
5.use wiiconnect
6.optionally remove bttray.exe from start>run>msconfig>startup

Now you are able to switch between ms-stack and widcomm stack without rebooting reinstalling or repluging.
msstack:
kill bttray
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent"
widcomm:
kill rundll32.exe
"%ProgramFiles%\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bttray.exe"

@thex :Maybe you can add a bluetoothstack-switch feature to the next version

edit: sorry, i found out that switching is only that easy in one way (ms stack 2 widcomm). To switch from widcomm to msstack you need to do the driver reinstall procedure (step 2-4). I tell you when i find out how to solve that.
« : April 09, 2009, 02:25:12 PM elypter »
« #29 : April 08, 2009, 11:54:03 AM »

hey, i'll definitely check that out and may implement it in the next version. I'll try it on my eepc which is running Widcomm.

thex

project thread!
: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

:  

Clicky Web Analytics