: [1]

: java white board on windows  ( 21348 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 7
« : August 01, 2009, 09:37:59 PM »

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me get this program running on windows 7

I get the error

WiiRemote Failed to conect!
Not Supported on winsock

what does this mean?

I am using the generic bluetooth stack that comes with Windows 7 and I am able to use Smoothboard with it.

I thought I had installed bluecove, but I may be wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Prometheus
: 134
« #1 : August 09, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »

Hi prometheus2785,

Not Supported on winsock

what does this mean?

[...]

I thought I had installed bluecove, but I may be wrong.

it means that my application doesn't work with the built-in "winsock" Bluetooth stack by Microsoft. It looks like you need WIDCOMM in order for it to work...

Btw, there's no need to install BlueCove, it comes bundled with my application.

Sorry for the late reply,
Uwe

Java WiimoteWhiteboard for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
: 7
« #2 : August 09, 2009, 05:06:09 PM »

Thanks, can you point me in the direction I'd need to go to find information on installing WIDCOMM?
Support Admin
: 1178
MSN Messenger - benpaddlejones@live.com.au
« #3 : August 10, 2009, 04:11:48 AM »

Uwe & Pro2785
The latest Widcomm is just MS Bluetooth rebadged it will not work with Jave you need the Widcomm v4 (not sure if v5 will work but def not with .Net apps).

benpaddlejones :)

See my full profile and links on my Google Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/benpaddlejones
« #4 : August 12, 2009, 06:07:33 AM »

Uwe & Pro2785
The latest Widcomm is just MS Bluetooth rebadged it will not work with Jave you need the Widcomm v4 (not sure if v5 will work but def not with .Net apps).

I've nothing to add. It's been a while since I dealt with Bluetooth on Windows...

Uwe

: 9
« #5 : October 17, 2009, 06:55:10 AM »

Hi Prometheus,

had you  successfully install the drivers?? How did you did it?
I found a hard way to do it, changning windows configuration and patching... just wanted to know if there's a easier way to install widcomm drivers.
or if you find an easer way to run it.

edit:

I have already tried to install widcomm drivers in a pc patching the drivers because the device didn't included widcomm with it.

it didn't worked (Problem with Bluetooth stack of API).  I also tried blocking windows drivers renaming btw.inf and btw.pnf

then i used a usb dongle which included widcomm drivers 6, no way
i realized that in vista there's an issue with bluecove:
For BlueCove v2.0.x: On Vista WIDCOMM stack detected as Microsoft with all the benefits of one. If you need L2CAP support on Vista and Broadcom v6 use custom bluecove.dll build

i replace the .dll with the ones of the custom build, but still didn't work.

well, if somebody had this problem, how have you solved it?

and, uwe, maybe i'm the only one who have problems with the windows connection but, do you think it could be possible a version without the connection assitance? so we can conect from windows and then use your program.

by the way, no problem with it in linux, thank you, but i have to use it also with windows

Thank you all
« : October 18, 2009, 06:59:13 AM chema »
: 9
« #6 : October 24, 2009, 01:54:37 PM »

finally i solved the problem.

it seems it doesn't work with widcomm v6.

you must install widcomm drivers following the steps descrived in here:

http://www.dev-toast.com/2007/01/05/uncrippling-bluetooth-in-vista-rtm

downloading drivers from here:

http://www.taringa.net/posts/downloads/1533488/Como-instalar-WIDCOMM-drivers-5_1_0_1100.html

finally no problem with it. thanks uwe
: 3
« #7 : May 14, 2010, 09:31:45 AM »

This is bad news anyway. I just tried with no success to run a WiiMote on Win7. Since the problem persists, I guess it's a good idea to keep this thread alive.

The two links posted do have a couple of issues for me.
The first seems to be quite messy for the system. The machine on which I needed the functionality was supposed to stay clean. I don't want to mess it up.
The second post is in spanish, which I understand only at a very basic level.

Luckly, I have a XP-based netbook I might use for the time being and in the end I'll probably not need the wiimote anyway... too bad Microsoft seems to not support this application. Although this doesn't take me by surprise, it's somewhat shameful, especially considering there were/are MS-related wiimote apps.
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #8 : May 14, 2010, 10:10:44 AM »

This is bad news anyway. I just tried with no success to run a WiiMote on Win7. Since the problem persists, I guess it's a good idea to keep this thread alive.

The two links posted do have a couple of issues for me.
The first seems to be quite messy for the system. The machine on which I needed the functionality was supposed to stay clean. I don't want to mess it up.
The second post is in spanish, which I understand only at a very basic level.

Luckly, I have a XP-based netbook I might use for the time being and in the end I'll probably not need the wiimote anyway... too bad Microsoft seems to not support this application. Although this doesn't take me by surprise, it's somewhat shameful, especially considering there were/are MS-related wiimote apps.

Hi,

As you have mentioned that you are using the Microsoft operating system, you should be using the software that is built specifically for the operating system. :)

Anyway, Smoothboard works on Windows 7 and it supports auto connection without the need of the Widcomm stack.

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
: 3
« #9 : May 15, 2010, 08:36:11 AM »

Thank you very much for your reply.
I had some positive experiences with Java in the past and I hoped it would have worked. I am going to experiment a bit today.

However, the point still applies. I am not well aware of how BlueCove is supposed to work on Windows, but you notice that Smoothboard works. This implies Windows is somewhat limited in that regard, which in turn is bad for me. Maybe I'll write something more as soon as I'll have a better understanding of what's going bad. I suspect I might be struck by multiple problems.

I always give free software a chance before going for the commercial one. Right now, I realize that a large portion of Windows programs (if not all) are .NET based. Some experimentation will have to be performed.
: 2
« #10 : June 01, 2010, 08:56:21 AM »

I would like to update in this regard for at least Windows 7.

I tried connecting using the current available Wincomm driver (6.2.x) but Whiteboard won't recognize nor will it connect to the Wiimote (it gives this error: Not supported on winsock).  I then did some digging and found that you would have to downgrade to 5.1.0.110, and following the directions from here: http://www.dev-toast.com/2007/01/05/uncrippling-bluetooth-in-vista-rtm/

There are basically 2 problems with this when you're trying to show this to others:

1) The old wincomm driver is impossible to find.  Yes, I've even tried the basic of basics: google.

2) There is too much work to do when most people just really want to be able to install 1-2 things and connect to it automatically.   

It was too much, and honestly, I cannot demonstrate this product all the while saying that it is easy to do, which it is not if it will take this amount of work to by-pass the current driver just to make Whiteboard work.

I'm disappointed that I won't be able to use Whiteboard, nor will I be able to demonstrate it.  I will have to unfortunately use Smoothboard (it is also great but the cost of it is too expensive).
« #11 : June 03, 2010, 06:16:31 AM »

2) There is too much work to do when most people just really want to be able to install 1-2 things and connect to it automatically.   

It was too much, and honestly, I cannot demonstrate this product all the while saying that it is easy to do, which it is not if it will take this amount of work to by-pass the current driver just to make Whiteboard work.

I'm disappointed that I won't be able to use Whiteboard, nor will I be able to demonstrate it.  I will have to unfortunately use Smoothboard (it is also great but the cost of it is too expensive).

Here's my reply.

Btw, my app is free of charge and developed in my spare time.
You have to invest some time to get it up and running the way you want. The alternative is to buy some other whiteboard system or pay someone else to do it...

Uwe

: [1]

:  

Clicky Web Analytics