Wiimote Project » General Wiimote and Technology » Project Ideas » I made 3D distance measurement application
: [1]

: I made 3D distance measurement application  ( 10817 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 2
« : May 07, 2009, 03:26:54 PM »

I had used 2 Wii controllers to get 3D information.  So far Wiimote people notice that the focal distance of Wii is "1320" without any specific reason. However, after I did several experiments, I found that it is not so true. To get focal distance, translation, rotation, principle point information, you need to calibrate your Wii controller. I have 4 Wii controllers and every controllers has a little bit different characteristics.

Anyway, now I can get 3D point information less than 1mm error when I moved 1 inch.
I hope you enjoy this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj2-BR0PbRA

Jinho

: 15
« #1 : May 12, 2009, 10:36:39 AM »

Hi Jinho
I have made some similar test but using my system at 6-DOF create with Wiimote: http://sanna.polito.it/wiitracking/index.htm

But in my system I use a passive marker.

I try to create a cloud point of a plane or sphere.
What are you going to do the your cloud point??What information about precision do you have??

Thanks Steve
« #2 : May 15, 2009, 12:22:11 PM »

Hey, steve

I am going to generate 3D object by using point cloud. (not exactly! because I will change my program to generate surface instead of points)

So far I got 0.8mm ~ 0.1mm precision when I measured within small boundary. (70cm * 70cm * 70cm area)
But I am sure I can get much better precision. (When I measured sensitivity of Wii, I found that Wii can sense 50 micro-meter difference, which is great)

: 29
« #3 : June 01, 2009, 07:10:42 AM »

Good work. :) This is a thing I am getting around too. I actually believe Wii Remotes can be auto calibrated, which gets to be worked out, so that no fixed nesting (like it is done on the vid: in a wooden element) is needed.

Just for the record, here is a bit about my tries to get the Wii Remotes auto calibrated:
http://www.wiimoteproject.com/project-ideas/two-wii-remote-cameras-auto-calibration/msg9863/#msg9863
« : June 30, 2009, 04:03:14 AM Misha »

++
« #4 : July 22, 2009, 05:50:10 AM »

Hi!!! Jinho..
I have a question concerning using matlab for calibration.
I think that the matlab uses  the image files for calibration.
but the wiimote gets ir dot points.
how do you use matlab for calibration without image files?
thanks...
: 29
« #5 : July 22, 2009, 09:50:08 PM »

I guess there is a way to create the needed images from the point data, even if you use an external program for that. Even a PHP script would do fine.

On the other side, it is hard for me to believe that images and only images are the only input possible, since Matlab most likely extracts the point info from them in the process. Perhaps you can pass the phase of generating / procssing image data.

++
« #6 : July 30, 2009, 02:15:53 AM »

Hi~
I made the image to use matlab calibration tool...
so I executed matlab calibration... I got the focal length...
but I think that the focal length which I got is inaccurate...
The focal length that I got is roughly 1080.
but We usually used the focal length "1320".
The number of both the focal length is very different...
so I have a question concerning the number of focal length that you got...  ???
thanks...
« : July 31, 2009, 12:44:11 AM jisujiloo »
: 3
« #7 : January 20, 2010, 04:36:08 PM »

Iam also interested in 3d measurement and 3d tracking.

How do you calibrate the wiimote with matlab? I`ve been looking for stereovision triangulation and labview to do it but i dont find enough information about calibration and triangulation.

żAny place where i can find this information?
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #8 : January 20, 2010, 11:02:02 PM »

Iam also interested in 3d measurement and 3d tracking.

How do you calibrate the wiimote with matlab? I`ve been looking for stereovision triangulation and labview to do it but i dont find enough information about calibration and triangulation.

żAny place where i can find this information?

Hi,

You can take a look the following site:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~sjeh3/wii/

He has included the codes and papers for you to get started in Matlab.

The stereo vision calibration is done by using the Camera Calibration Toolbox for Matlab.

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
« #9 : January 22, 2010, 03:23:26 AM »

Thanks i will look for it.

I found this page in nation instrument with a formula for measuring distance from two camaras.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/8176

what do you think about this formula?

I dont understand very well the meaning of dispairty.
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #10 : January 22, 2010, 09:06:57 AM »

Hi,

If you use the Camera Calibration Toolbox in Matlab, the calculations/calibrations are handled by the library.
http://www.vision.caltech.edu/bouguetj/calib_doc/

I have not worked with the Wiimotes in Matlab before but I did my own 3d triangulation in C#.

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
« #11 : January 22, 2010, 10:32:59 PM »

Ok downloaded the matlab calibration tool box but i read somewhere else that it cant be used directly with the wiimote and use a diferent code to make them interact.

Where can i download that interface between the wiimote and matlab calibration toolbox.
: [1]

:  

Clicky Web Analytics