Wiimote Project » Hardware Support » Bluetooth & Connectivity Knowledge Center » Bluetooth/WiFi Signal Interference
: [1]

: Bluetooth/WiFi Signal Interference  ( 14911 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 9
« : March 02, 2010, 08:21:47 AM »

When I connect to my wimote, my wireless connectivity seems to be interrupted. My signal strength is fine but web pages refuse to load or load VERY slowly. As soon as I disconnect the Wiimote I'm back to normal speed. I did some very superficial research and have found other reports of Bluetooth connection interfering with WiFi connections. Oddly, however, if I am broadcasting a Bluetooth signal, but am not connected to my wiimote, my wireless speed is not affected. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Are there any solutions or workarounds?

Hardware/Software Configuration:
Windows Vista 32 bit (SP 2)
Dell Latitude E6400
Bluetooth: MS Bluetooth Enumerator, Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Mini-card (not sure about driver ver.)

John Sowash
Southfield Christian School
http://electriceducator.blogspot.com/
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #1 : March 02, 2010, 07:40:06 PM »

Hi,

You seem to have a weird problem. :)

Maybe during the Wiimote's connection to your computer, you may want to try to run NetStumbler to check your WIFI connectivity/signal.
http://www.netstumbler.com/

Have you tried to use any other Bluetooth device with your computer while you online? Such as connecting a Mobile Phone, Bluetooth mouse etc.

In my opinion, it is may be caused by conflicts on your networking configurations. When the Bluetooth device is connected, your computer may be looking at the Bluetooth device (usually a phone) as an Internet gateway, DNS server etc. Therefore, you are unable to load a website.

When did this issue start appearing? What is your Bluetooth stack? How are you connecting the Wiimote?

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
: 1
« #2 : September 04, 2010, 09:06:07 PM »

Hi
I'm having a similar problem to jrsowash with the wiimote bluetooth connection interfering with the wifi connection in my laptop. Whenever I connect the wiimote my network connection drops to almost nothing. This occurs as soon as I connect my wiimote. It does not occur when I connect to a phone and transfer files.

My system is:
Slackware Linux 13.1, kernel  2.6.33.4, bluez-4.64, Lenovo r61, intel 4965 AG wireless with bluetooth
WiimoteWhiteboard (java version 1.0.3)
bluecove-gpl-2.1.0.jar

I am connecting to a linksys wireless router and have tried changing the router channels (1,6,11) but no luck
I have checked the routing table when the wiimote is connected, but there is no change, so I don't think the system is seeing it as another net device. Also, when an existing connection has been made and a file is downloading, the wiimote connection will bring the download to a standstill, so I don't think its a DNS problem. The signal strength to the router remains the same whether the wiimote is connected or not.

Any clues on where to look next greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Rob
: 1
« #3 : December 24, 2010, 01:06:52 PM »

Darling and the X 2.2 update has gone very well so far but I have a problem with intermittant Bluetooth headset and my wifi in my workplace. It seems when I go inside the building when I get into a wifi dead zone or near a source of intereference to turn off Bluetooth as well. This seems like a stutter or break-up of music through head phones. So far this only happens when I am on wifi, 3G signal has the same impact.

: [1]

:  

Clicky Web Analytics