Wiimote Project » General Wiimote and Technology » Programmers Den » extending Johnny lee's app to use two wiimotes
: [1]

: extending Johnny lee's app to use two wiimotes  ( 4097 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 2
« : June 22, 2010, 03:00:27 AM »

Hey,

I was impressed by applications like smoothboard, but i thought it was rather unfair to pay for such simple software. So i decided to write my own and give it for free... I've already incorporated annotation and right click. I want to know if its possible to extend the original software written by Johnny lee to use 2 wiimotes instead of one.

The original software written in C# can only connect to one wiimote at the moment. I would like my application to use two remotes as well. How do I go about doing this? i really wish there was a more organized document on the structure of the program. I was able to add the second remote, but the data is only captured by one remote... although both are connected.

If anyone has any idea, please guide me.
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #1 : June 22, 2010, 03:45:18 AM »

Hi,

One of the most structured guide available will be Wiimote Whiteboard chapter in Brian Peek's book that is written by Johnny Lee and I. The guide and codes are written for a single Wiimote but it will be useful to assist with the understanding of the whole code.

http://books.google.com/books?id=d1QC69atuocC&lpg=PP1&dq=brian%20peek&pg=PA377#v=onepage&q&f=false

If you have already successfully connected the second Wiimote, you can just process the data to work together.

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
: 2
« #2 : June 22, 2010, 05:57:32 AM »

I read a considerable part of the chapter... but from an application programmer's perspective a lot of it did seem like rocket science.

I'd like to know that if a second wiimote object was created (first one being wm in Form1.cs), all one had to do was run the connect method for that second wiimote. And map the event handler for the wiimoteChanged event to the same handler that was used for the first wiimote...

would that do it... i say this as the event handler is the one that is correlating the coordinates to the mouse events. Given the dual remote scenario, one would expect a glowing spot on the screen to be monitored by both wiis, but then the event handler for each one is called. now there is obviously no arbitration mechanism needed between the two if the handler for both is the same.

Am i thinking straight, or im way off target??
: [1]

:  

Clicky Web Analytics