: [1]

: wiimote connection weirdness  ( 9399 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 5
« : August 31, 2010, 12:03:30 PM »

I have had trouble connecting my wiimote since I started trying.  First it was a bad bluetooth adapter, now its... well, I don't know really.  I connected the wiimote successfully on the first try, and played around with smoothboard for a while.  Then I closed smoothboard, allowed the wiimote to disconnect, then a little later I went to open smoothboard again, and it took like 10 minutes of trying to connect.  Today, after the computer was off all night, I haven't been able to connect at all... actually, it did connect for a moment, but then disconnected immediately.  I've checked the HID list and tried clearing it out, but that doesn't do anything.  I'm running XP pro, with SP3, with a cambridge usb bluetooth dongle on the XP stack.  Oh, and I guess I should mention that all the wiimotes I've tried have been used with a Wii console. help?
« : August 31, 2010, 12:15:02 PM scienceseuss »
« #1 : August 31, 2010, 04:50:45 PM »

I've now tried this on three different computers, and SmoothConnect is still not finding or locating any of my wiimotes.  How is it that it could connect one time, then stop being able to connect to, or even find, any wiimotes at all after that? 
« : September 01, 2010, 12:44:33 PM scienceseuss »
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #2 : August 31, 2010, 06:53:47 PM »

Hi,

From your description, it seems that you are using several different Wiimotes.

In this case, the software may only try to connect to the first originally connected Wiimote. Therefore, the new Wiimotes may not be recognized.

You may try to set Smoothboard to connect to multiple Wiimotes by going to Smoothboard Settings->General->Wiimote and set to Two Wiimotes.

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
« #3 : September 01, 2010, 12:43:43 PM »

I changed the settings, but it still won't connect to the originally connected remote... in fact, it doesn't even find it.

Oh, and I'll get the device manager screen shot up here tomorrow.

Thanks,
Jared
: [1]

:  

Clicky Web Analytics