Wiimote Project » Hardware Support » Bluetooth & Connectivity Knowledge Center » Seting up a Wiimote IWB using two (2) wiimotes
: [1]

: Seting up a Wiimote IWB using two (2) wiimotes  ( 9263 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 4
« : November 02, 2010, 09:50:55 AM »

Greetings,

I'm trying to set up my IWB using two Wiimotes and Smoothboard 2. I can get the two connected. It even shows the battery levels of the two wiimotes. Nonetheless, I can only calibrate one. The first calibration window shows everything as normal, with my white area fully inside the black area, and percent at 80% or above. The second window for the secondary Wiimote is all black. When I click to calibrate it, the cross-hairs don't respond. And here is the odd thing. The cursor is on the calibration screen, and if I hold down the IR pen button, the cursor moves in the opposite direction of where I move it along the WB (i.e., if I move the pen down and to the left, the cursor moves up and to the right.)

What am I doing wrong? I can't get a second Wiimote calibrated. I've tried using several different Wiimotes, but the result is the same.

Ideas?

Chip Kingsbury
« #1 : November 02, 2010, 10:03:24 AM »

It seems I did not give enough info.

Win XP Prof
Using the Bluetooth Dongle that came with my package from IR Great.
I've yet to figure out what a "stack" is.
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #2 : November 02, 2010, 03:30:40 PM »

During calibration, the cursor should not be moving.

Have you tried connecting just the Secondary Wiimote without the Primary Wiimote?

Also, you may want to set Smoothboard in Whiteboard and Presenter mode, and try to use the Secondary Wiimote as a Presenter Wiimote to see whether it is working correctly.

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
« #3 : November 03, 2010, 02:03:09 AM »

"During calibration, the cursor should not be moving."  BUT IT DOES! THE CROSS HAIR TARGET WILL NOT RESPOND, BUT THE CURSOR WILL MOVE AS I DESCRIBED. SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

"Have you tried connecting just the Secondary Wiimote without the Primary Wiimote?" YOU MEAN TO SWITCH REMOTES? I'VE TRIED THAT. I TRIED USEING A NUMBER OF DIFFERENT WIIMOTES. SAME RESULTS

"Also, you may want to set Smoothboard in Whiteboard and Presenter mode, and try to use the Secondary Wiimote as a Presenter Wiimote to see whether it is working correctly." EACH WIIMOTE WORKS FINE IF IT IS THE ONLY ONE. ANY SECONDARY WIIMOTE WILL NOT CALIBRATE.

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

CHIP KINGSBURY
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #4 : November 03, 2010, 03:15:59 AM »

How about using two Wiimotes with the Secondary Wiimote as the Presenter Wiimote?

Are you able to use the Wiimote's buttons in this mode?

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
: [1]

:  

Clicky Web Analytics