Wiimote Project » Wiimote Projects » Wiimote Interactive Whiteboard » Can't get 2 wiimotes connected, seems like I've tried everything
: [1]

: Can't get 2 wiimotes connected, seems like I've tried everything  ( 5395 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 1
« : November 08, 2011, 10:49:23 AM »

My office is trying to set up this IWB using 2 wiimotes and the Smoothboard 2 application in our conference room.  We have 2 Wii remotes, along with the replacement back cover from eCanvas that has a power connector and threaded tripod mount.  We also have power supply units from eCanvas with IR remote on/off switching.  Finally we have an IR pen from IR Classroom that is designed to look like a dry-erase marker.

Our conference room PC is running XP 32-bit, service pack 3.  It does not have built-in bluetooth, so we purchased an IOGEAR bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro adapter, which uses the Widcomm bluetooth stack.  I'm using the latest install drivers from the IOGEAR website.

After MASSIVE amounts of trial and error, I finally got Smoothboard 2 up and running with a single wiimote.  At first I got it running at home on my personal laptop also running XP, and then got it working in our conference room, with the image projected onto a screen.

The issue is that I cannot get a second wiimote to connect.  In XP My Bluetooth Places, after pairing the 2nd device, it will show as connected for a split second and then go away.  I even tried a 3rd wiimote (from my boss's kids' Wii) that did connect successfully before, and now even it won't connect anymore.

As another test, I have tried installing the bluetooth adapter, drivers, and Smoothboard software on my workstation running Windows 7 x64.  The adapter installed fine, and it seems like it connected both wiimotes just fine.  But now when I start Smoothboard it asks if the wiimotes are connected, that there is an error reading data from the wiimote.  SmoothConnect says Found 0, Connected 0.

Can anyone help?
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #1 : November 08, 2011, 03:48:45 PM »

Hi Patrick,

Which Smoothboard version are you using?

We have just updated the latest Smoothboard 2.5 version to Build 2505 which solved some bugs with multiple Wiimotes.

You may download the latest version from http://www.smoothboard.net/downloads

You may want to uninstall the previous software before proceeding to install this new one.

If the problem still persists, you may email us directly.

Thank you.

Regards,
Boon Jin
« : November 08, 2011, 07:47:12 PM boonjin »

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
: 52
« #2 : November 08, 2011, 07:58:33 PM »

If you are using the Widcomm stack you would need to manually delete the HID devices before reconnecting the wiimotes.

It is recommended that you use the BT which uses the Microsoft stack. Smoothconnect would then help to connect your wiimotes.  You can try to use this installer http://bluetoothinstaller.com/ to use the MS stack. You would need to uninstall the widcomm  driver first

Hope this helps

hagoh88
: [1]

:  

Clicky Web Analytics