Wiimote ProjectHardware SupportIR PensI bought a pen but doesn't track...
: [1]
: I bought a pen but doesn't track...  ( 7235 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 2
« : November 17, 2011, 11:47:53 AM »

I bought an IR Sabre from amazon.com. It says it has a Vishay TSAL6400 LED. The pen has a battery and the light works but it barely calibrates and the tracking makes completely unusable.  I've tried various Wiimote placements, 10 feet away on my projector, off to the left side of the board 2 feet away (because I'm right handed). The problem has to be with my pen right? Is the IR not strong enough? After I calibrate, the Wiimote White board says it picks up AT MOST 12 IR Dots. Suggestions?
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #1 : November 17, 2011, 03:51:02 PM »

I bought an IR Sabre from amazon.com. It says it has a Vishay TSAL6400 LED. The pen has a battery and the light works but it barely calibrates and the tracking makes completely unusable.  I've tried various Wiimote placements, 10 feet away on my projector, off to the left side of the board 2 feet away (because I'm right handed). The problem has to be with my pen right? Is the IR not strong enough? After I calibrate, the Wiimote White board says it picks up AT MOST 12 IR Dots. Suggestions?

In Smoothboard's main window, you can determine where the IR dots are detected.

There may be stray IR sources detected. If the IR pen is not activated, there should not be any IR Dots detected.

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
: 2
« #2 : November 22, 2011, 06:23:27 AM »

Thanks for the advice, my pen picks up only a small amount of area and there's no other IR interferrence. How close should my Wiimote be? I have it sitting on my projector about 5 feet away and it still isn't picking up the IR.
: 22
« #3 : November 22, 2011, 09:44:46 AM »

What is the height of your interactive surface (the projected image)?  Once you know this, double this measurement and this is how far the wii remote should be from your interactive surface. 

Placing the wii remote directly on the projector (or at a 90 degree angle to the screen) works great for highly reflective surfaces and ceiling mounted remotes.  I would recommend either mounting your wii remote to the ceiling or placing it at a slight angle up to 45 degrees.   

Also make sure you have an authentic Nintendo Brand Wii Remote.  Off brands and fakes can have major issues with tracking....

Good luck!
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #4 : November 22, 2011, 10:29:27 AM »

Thanks for the advice, my pen picks up only a small amount of area and there's no other IR interferrence. How close should my Wiimote be? I have it sitting on my projector about 5 feet away and it still isn't picking up the IR.

Are you using a genuine Wiimote?
The IR Sensor for the non-genuine Wiimotes may have low sensitivity.

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
: [1]
:  

Clicky Web Analytics