Wiimote Project » Wiimote Projects » Wiimote Interactive Whiteboard » Wiimote Java Whiteboard » Bluetooth compatibility on Windows
: [1]

: Bluetooth compatibility on Windows  ( 4928 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 3
« : December 10, 2012, 10:38:18 AM »

Hi! I'm really new to this so I apologise if I say many stupid things. I've been using this software for a year and it works fine in classrooms with XP. But now that every classroom has Windows 7 I'm having a bit of trouble. Is it compatible with 32 and 64 bits? I've worked around 32 bit PCs forcing the BT dongle to use a WIDCOMM driver with Widcomm patcher, but its a messy process and I'd like to avoid modifying the OS files of the teachers' laptops. I haven't been able to make it work in 64 bits at all.

I understand the software needs a BT that uses the WIDCOMM driver right? How do you work around this? Do you buy specific dongles that use this driver?

I'm really interested in making this work, does anyone know if BlueCove can be replaced by another library or is interested in making this software compatible with all Windows distributions?

Thanks!
Guru
: 929
Smoothboard Developer
« #1 : December 10, 2012, 07:08:39 PM »

Hi! I'm really new to this so I apologise if I say many stupid things. I've been using this software for a year and it works fine in classrooms with XP. But now that every classroom has Windows 7 I'm having a bit of trouble. Is it compatible with 32 and 64 bits? I've worked around 32 bit PCs forcing the BT dongle to use a WIDCOMM driver with Widcomm patcher, but its a messy process and I'd like to avoid modifying the OS files of the teachers' laptops. I haven't been able to make it work in 64 bits at all.

I understand the software needs a BT that uses the WIDCOMM driver right? How do you work around this? Do you buy specific dongles that use this driver?

I'm really interested in making this work, does anyone know if BlueCove can be replaced by another library or is interested in making this software compatible with all Windows distributions?

Thanks!

Hi,

Have you tried Smoothboard? It should work with any Bluetooth stack including the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack.

You may download Smoothboard 2 from http://www.smoothboard.net/wiimote

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url
: 3
« #2 : December 11, 2012, 09:08:30 AM »

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Smoothboard is a great software but its not free.  I'd really like to make this one work or find someone interested in developing a free compatible version to help me out.
: [1]

:  

Clicky Web Analytics