Wiimote Project » Hardware Support » Bluetooth & Connectivity Knowledge Center » Fake wii mote can't sync, then opened
: [1]

: Fake wii mote can't sync, then opened  ( 31754 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 6
« : February 07, 2014, 02:41:48 PM »

Hi all, noob here
I've bought on ebay fake wiimote  with "motion 2 in 1" declaration. I've tried to sync it on 4 different BT devices: 3 different laptops (HP NC4400, HP probook 6555b, Asus K72JR) and smarthphone with wii controller software (Samsung Galaxy mini S5570I)
I've tried to find it with few BT bundles mentioned here on forums, like Microsoft stack, BlueSoleil and Toshiba. Not single one of combinations have even found the device
So i opened it to see what BT chip dose it have. It's "rda 5875y es189241", looks like 1/4 of size of Broadcom chip that original wiimote uses; specs can be found here:
http://www.rdamicro.com/products/Detail_23.aspx

also I'm a bit confused about remote itself: when I plugged batteries in, its instantly on and I don't need to press power button and if i pres any button LED's start to blink. Also sync button under battery cover is instantly working. Is that normal or should wiimote need some time before it can start with sending and receiving functions?

also i don't have wii console so I can't even try to see if it is working at all or just blinks to mimic that is trying to work?

so... any suggestion how to connect it to PC or eve be able to see does it even work?
: 5
« #1 : February 21, 2014, 04:11:39 AM »

Same, identical problem here.
3 chinese wiimotes all working flawlessly with Wii console. However I havent been able to detect them with ANY combination of pc BT and smartphone.
I tried to open it to give a look to the chipset but those stupid trilobe screws pushed me back.

Looks like these fake clones do not broadcast their MAC, but instead wait for detection of a wii signal.

Is there a workaround for this? Could we force a pairing if we know the wiimote MAC?

« #2 : February 21, 2014, 05:54:29 AM »

@majk
does yours start to blink led immediately after you insert batteries? my doesn't wait a sec, its instantly on blinking like it's trying to sync, i don't event have to push power butt (nor it shuts the remote down)

also my has regular "phillips" screws, not trilobe. I've bought some time ago nice cheap set of all kind of electronic screws for only 9$ on ebay which has also trilobe atachemnt. same as this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Professional-Precision-45-In-1-Electron-Screwdriver-Torx-Hand-Fix-Tool-Set-/330936809121?pt=US_Srewdrivers_Nut_Drivers&hash=item4d0d5ef6a1

« #3 : February 21, 2014, 06:30:44 AM »

Yes it starts blinking right after inserting batteries.

I havent tried this yet 'cos i dont have the remotes handy but you could give it a try, especially if you can read the mac add on the wiimote board.
http://wyxs.net/downloads/whiteboard/wiiscan-0.9-release-2.1.zip
« #4 : February 21, 2014, 03:11:48 PM »

i don't recall seeing anything that looked alike mac address printed on the board? I'll open remote again to check in detail

also, how do I use this package?
« #5 : February 21, 2014, 04:21:29 PM »

In bin\Release launch
wiiscan -s
the put 1&2 or sync button, see if it lists your device.
Also try to put MAC add in wiiscan.ini in line that looks like

allowed_wiimote_adr=00:00:00:00:00:00

for me it doesn't work :(
« #6 : February 25, 2014, 12:55:07 PM »

update:
CSR 4.0 BT usb dongle has arrived. I've installed its stack called CSR Harmony wireless software stack v 2.1.63.0. Manufactorer is "Cambridge Silicon radio"

and it also doesn't see this fake wiimote... but it finds my mobile Samsung Galaxy mini S5570i in an instant!

Also I've opened wiimote and I can't see anything that looks like MAC address anywhere. Any help where it should be because maybe it is not in form of a standard mac address?
« #7 : February 25, 2014, 04:08:10 PM »

Sorry to hear that  :-[
It just confirms my idea that these remotes simply dont broadcast their name.
As shitty as that.
Having their mac address would be helpful, by issuing some low level BT command to get whatever answer from the device.
This address should be printed on the PCB or come as a sticker.
But given the cheap nature of this stuff it could be noto there at all.
I hope someone else could shed some light on this....
« #8 : February 26, 2014, 02:33:39 AM »

As I see on the pictures of remotes on the net, there should be sticker with barcode and mac address but I don't have that. Also PCB looks generic, without any unique number set that seams like mac. so no luck :(
I was wondering - is it possible to read mac address via modified wii console, like one with installed linux?
« #9 : February 26, 2014, 03:53:49 AM »

Very interesting idea!
Well you have to get it paired to the Wii anyway.
I dont know if the linux distro follows the same steps of original operating system for the pairing process. Theres clearly something non-standard in these remotes, like if their waiting for a strange inquiry message from Wii.

Gesaugen, it is really worth a try.
If you can put your hands on a modified Wii, we will mess around with hci library

« #10 : February 26, 2014, 04:39:33 AM »

problem is that I dont and will not have wii nor I know anyone who has wii at all. also i need HTPC because of 1080p projector theater home setup and 200$ that I would spend on used wii could get me most parts for my HTPC. So it's cheaper for me to buy original wiimote and forget about this problems :/

Sorry, but someone else with modded wii and fake mote would need to provide that kind of info
: 1
« #11 : August 11, 2014, 11:47:44 AM »

Same problem here, just got a wiimote from Amazon where It says Motion 2in1 and I can't sync it with my PC. I am sure my PC is right because I have another Wiimote from a friend successfully registered and working flawlessly...

I'm afraid I lost my money unless someone can give us some light on this... Seems like everybody getting new wiimotes have this issue :'(
: [1]

:  

Clicky Web Analytics