Wiimote Project » Wiimote Projects » Other Projects » Wiimote Presenter, PowerPoint, Mouse Control, Timing. (Application release)
: 1 [2] 3

: Wiimote Presenter, PowerPoint, Mouse Control, Timing. (Application release)  ( 40851 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 2
« #15 : May 29, 2008, 12:18:35 PM »

I had the same problem (stack overflow). I found that the
problem is caused by a bug when setting the default
values for threshold and hysteresis values. When a system wide
setting for decimal numbers format defines comma
as a floating point separator instead of  a dot, a infinite
loop is triggered.

Workaround:
- if you don't like compiling: set the decimal number format under Control Panel/Regional Settings to use a dot

- or if you downloaded the source code of the project you might use a quick
 and dirty fix (until Jason provides another version): just comment-out
 the 4 line pairs in the file Form1.cs where a pop-up with
 error message about wrong Hysteresis/Threshold values is to be shown

// Application.DoEvents();
    // MessageBox.Show("Error in Hysteresis    ...

After this, works like charm...

Jason, thnx for this wonderful app!
« : May 29, 2008, 05:46:17 PM juricjosip »
« #16 : May 29, 2008, 04:36:31 PM »

The program will not let me hightlight or draw in powerpoint 2007.
I was looking around and saw that the wii white board was having the same problem and they fixed with this line of code

Line 68-71 of Form1.cs:
long
->
uint

Line 192 of Form1.cs:
SetCursorPos((int)warpedX, (int)warpedY);
->
mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_ABSOLUTE | MOUSEEVENTF_MOVE, (uint)(warpedX * 65535 / screenWidth), (uint)(warpedY * 65535 / screenHeight), 0, 0);

I believe this will fix the problem. What do you think?
: 12
« #17 : May 30, 2008, 05:56:41 AM »

Hello,

Firstly thanks to all of you for your help in finding the bugs.

I have made some modifications to the program. Version 0.2 can be downloaded from
http://jasonlpsmith.googlepages.com/wiimotepresenter

Hopefully I haven't added any new bugs.

The modifications are:
- Fixed the error loading a file when computer decimal place is set to ",".
- Removed the messagebox that popped up relating to hysteresis and threshold (previously caused stack overflow errors in combination with the "," problem).
- Added keyboard combinations for 2 and 3 keys (eg Ctrl+C is "WP82 0x11 0x43").
- Added option for alternate pointer control due to some problems with the pointer control previously used. Unfortunately the pointer is only limited to the first screen.
- Changed how it finds out the number of screens (seems to cause stack overflow with previous method on some systems).

Things yet to be done:
- Update the manual (explain the multi key combinations and alternate pointer control)
- I can not yet work out how to make it look like a laser pointer (I was planning on having an option to modify the mouse cursor when the wiimote had control, but I can only change the cursor when it is over the program window).
- A single Wiimote button to scroll through keydown events.
- Option for notification area (system tray) minimisation or taskbar minimisation.
- Battery status modification to more accurately display NiMH battery state of charge.
- Fix the bug where the IR mouse control of the Wiimote is unable to minimise the Wiimote Presenter program.

Other notes:
- I initially used the pointer control method suggested by mepting but changed it so it could be used across two screens. I have not yet worked out how to do it with multiple screens. If the pointer does not work, try it with the "Alt Ptr Control" (alternate pointer control) ticked.
- The multiple key combination works for a few combinations I tested except Ctrl+Alt+Del.

« #18 : May 31, 2008, 01:01:18 AM »

Awesome! Jason that did the trick! It works great. I do have a question? What would the key codes for Ctrl+P and Ctrl+A be? I know Ctrl-C is WP82 0x11 0x43 so Ctrl+P and Ctrl+A would be?
« #19 : May 31, 2008, 03:04:58 AM »

Glad to hear it worked for you Mepting. The full list of key codes can be found at MSDN Virtual-Key Codes.

The key combinations would be:

WP82 0x11 0x50, Ctrl+P
WP82 0x11 0x41, Ctrl+A

I plan on updating the manual to explain this better. The program looks for the two values after the WP82 (with spaces between) and ignores everything after the second hexadecimal value. 0x11 is the key code for control and 0x50 is the key code for P.

: 28
« #20 : May 31, 2008, 09:36:45 AM »

Thanks for the second version Jason. I look forward to using it on a biz trip I'm going on starting tomorrow. Thanks for looking into the laser pointer idea. Your double command change will help me control view functions for the 3D program Sketchup.
: 5
« #21 : June 05, 2008, 10:32:11 PM »

Jason 1st of all thank for this program  of yours ,do you have any other download sites I cant open ur site anymore dont know why ?I want to try ver.02. Hope you can help me
« #22 : June 06, 2008, 10:19:11 AM »

I think that an option for mouse smoothing (averaging last N samles)
would be really useful in Wiimote Presenter. It'd make the control of mouse
cursor much more precise.

It works pretty well for whiteboard:
http://www.boonjin.com/wp/2008/06/02/mouse-smoothing-for-wiimote-whiteboard

Looking forward to  Wiimopte Presenter v0.3 :)

: 1
« #23 : June 06, 2008, 11:03:44 AM »

COOL  8)
« #24 : June 06, 2008, 11:13:02 PM »

filchi756: I have attached the Wiimote Presenter v0.2 runtime executable zip file with this message, hopefully you can get it from here if you are unable to access the website.

juricjosip: I will look into it. Hopefully that would not slow the mouse response time too much. I will give it a go in the future.

« #25 : June 06, 2008, 11:32:06 PM »

thanks a lot!
: 28
« #26 : August 06, 2008, 06:10:08 AM »

Jason,
I used the presenter program at work yesterday and everyone was much impressed by the technology, although they weren't quite sure what the led throwie was all about. I just had a product improvement idea. Can you write into the code a way for someone sitting at the laptop to press a key and buzz the wiimote? This would be useful for our multi-person presentations to warn them silently about time overruns.Thanks.
« #27 : September 07, 2008, 01:01:14 PM »

Hey Jason first of all I would like to commend you on the excellent job that you have done with the Wiimote Presenter! I have taken up a project in my final year of university and it requires me to come up with a program that could enable the Wiimote to control Google Earth and your program is doing exactly what I am trying to achieve! I have looked thru your coding and it is a bit too much for me to handle because I am unfamiliar with C#. Anyhow, I will be attempting to write the program using Wiiflash and if anybody could offer me any help or advice that would be very much appreciated!
« #28 : January 10, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »

lol i tried the wiimote presenter.

what it still needs:
minimize to tray bar
stabilize the cursor (I can't double click because my hand is shivering too much xD)

and i thought it would be fun to play ego shooters with the wiimote - i specifically tried battlefield 1942 and I only can use the buttons, not the cursor itself (so I can shoot and zoom in and out and do all that stuff but too look around or to aim isn't possible)
« #29 : July 15, 2009, 08:26:26 AM »

I am using Wiimote Presenter in VMWare Fusion on OSX 10.5.7.
It works nicely, but I noticed an oddity in Powerpoint.
Drawing annotations does not work.
Pressing the - button does not simulate the left mouse being pressed for a longer time,
it just simulates a mouse click.
In other application, kepping - pressed works as left mouse button pressed.
The problem appears both in PPT 2003 and PPT 2007.
Is this related to the emulation in Fusion?
Has anybody else experienced similar problems.
: 1 [2] 3

:  

Clicky Web Analytics