Wiimote Project » Wiimote Projects » Project Videos » Finger Tracking » can we integrate any other softwares like processing, vvvv etc into the wiimote
: [1]

: can we integrate any other softwares like processing, vvvv etc into the wiimote  ( 10452 )
0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
: 3
« : May 15, 2008, 12:48:25 AM »

Hi all,

I have some doubts. I am trying to create hand gesture based interaction through wiimote (something similar to minority report). I have some doubts for that.

Right now the existing program of wiimote multitouch gives the grid sort of image. Can i put any image(may be my photograph) and do the same type of interaction? Or can i create some graphics in processing,vvvv etc and integrate with wiimote multi touch program? If not, then is wiimote multi touch only limited to grid example? or there is some other way where i can put some graphics or images inside and do multi touch interaction? is there any program which can be integrated in wiimote mutlitouch?

Thank you.
Support Admin
: 566
« #1 : May 15, 2008, 03:30:14 AM »

In the multitouch you can add an image (or array of images) if you like

search for Vidali's code to implement this

« #2 : May 15, 2008, 11:41:19 PM »

I am sorry but not able to find out about vidali's code.
Did Google search also and also in discussion forum, but nothing came out of that.

If you give me little bit of precise thing, would be great help.

Thank you.
: 18
« #3 : May 16, 2008, 12:09:36 AM »

I have had success using wiimote data to control sounds with Puredata, and have fiddled around a little bit with Processing.  I do this using an input emulator called GlovePIE.  GlovePIE can send data over Open Sound Control (OSC), which is like MIDI but better.  Puredata and Processing each require a little bit of help to deal with OSC (you'll need to download the OSC library for Processing), and with a little bit of patience figuring out OSC, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how easily the whole thing works out.  GlovePIE can deal with just about any data the wiimote can spit out (up to four IR dot positions, 3-axis acceleration, etc.), and any number will go through OSC to anywhere you send it.  Let us know what you come up with.
« #4 : May 16, 2008, 12:24:07 AM »

Dave,

Thanks. Let me try it out and see how things will work you. let me play around with it and will let you know what i did.

Also as you see in the earlier post, waiting for vidali's code or some other method to put images into multi touch and play around with it.

keyur
Support Admin
: 566
« #5 : May 16, 2008, 02:39:28 AM »

My bad - his username isnt Vidali - it is Vadali and you have that thread here:

http://www.wiimoteproject.com/wiimote-finger-tracking/change-grid-t228.0.html#msg3266

in one of the posts he has a file you can download to try it out
(remember to change path to picture)

http://www.wiimoteproject.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=228.0;attach=143

I got it to work...

: [1]

:  

Clicky Web Analytics