Author Topic: a few problems  (Read 7814 times)

Offline Spurtus

  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
on: January 15, 2008, 03:51:47 PM
i uninstalled bluesoleil, well the uninstaller crashed so i did system restore ...

hoping that my broadcom bluetooth will work with the default bluetooth stack,

ok so manually connected to the wiimote and it can see it no problems... so far so good, but don't know if it will work.

built the wiimoteVRdestop app Vista 32bit / VStudio 2008...few problems

    - fullscreen doesn't work, so reverted WiiDesktopVR::doFullscreen to false
    - messes with my mouse visibility when debugging even when running windowed. mmm
    - the app cant detect my wiimote, and basically enumerates a couple of devices that dont have the right vendorid and productid..... if(attrib.VendorID == VID && attrib.ProductID == PID)
 
any sanity checks appreciated...

spurtus



Offline atomriot

  • *
  • Posts: 177
  • Karma: +16/-0
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 04:06:05 PM
the enumeration of the devices is going through the stack. it will do that a few times even with no wiimote connected.

as for it not finding it, you may have to go to device manager and uninstall your drivers from there then plug your bluetooth dongle in and let windows find the right ones.

if you use bluesoliel then you dont have to change the code, but if you want to use windows drivers, then look in the general support section for the code to comment out in order for it to work.

also try the wiimote lib test app to see if that connects, if that does then it looks like your using windows drivers and you can comment out those lines in the Johnny app.

Details, details. Things to do. Things to get done. Don't bother me with details, just tell me when they're done.
--
James Lionel Price



Offline Spurtus

  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 04:50:44 PM
ok thanks for that, can you tell me what the test app is called?... i can only find one main() entry point in the wiidesktopvr project and no supplied executables or assemblies

http://blogs.msdn.com/coding4fun/archive/2007/03/14/1879033.aspx pointed me in the same direction, under the section 'Getting Connected'

thanks,
Spurtus



Offline atomriot

  • *
  • Posts: 177
  • Karma: +16/-0
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 05:00:03 PM
if you download the source from codeplex, there is a project called WiimoteTest. just run that. you can also download the fully compiled app so you dont have to mess with the source.

Details, details. Things to do. Things to get done. Don't bother me with details, just tell me when they're done.
--
James Lionel Price



Offline Spurtus

  • *
  • Posts: 8
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 05:02:37 PM
thanks, yeah it looks like my bluetooth stack isnt compatible, so will have to persist with bluesoleil... weird thing was when i installed it at first I could not find where it had installed...



Offline atomriot

  • *
  • Posts: 177
  • Karma: +16/-0
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 05:16:04 PM
if you can run the test app then you can alter the Johnny app to work.

And i dont know the working directory of bluesoliel

Details, details. Things to do. Things to get done. Don't bother me with details, just tell me when they're done.
--
James Lionel Price