Author Topic: question about general use  (Read 8773 times)

Offline kamimatsu

  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
on: September 16, 2010, 07:59:57 PM
Can I use my (newly converted infrared) webcam for this and is there some variant that lets me use the entire computer like this?

Offline shakespeare1212

  • *
  • Posts: 97
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • The soul of Dr. Nuclear
    • View Profile
    • Whalebone IR and Software
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 11:04:11 PM
There are programs like, Camera Mouse, that let you use an IR pen with an IR sensing webcam to control your computer. Most modern Windows computers come with a free built in on-screen keyboard, so I hope this give let's you control you "whole computer" as you have requested, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

You will find if you try them both, that that Wii-mote white board system works better than the camera based system because the Wii-remote actually processes the image. I doesn't just pass a video stream to the computer, it passes a nice, tight little report about the location of up to 4 IR dots, and the status of all of it's buttons, and accelerometers. Also, because it has the bluetooth wireless connection it is also far easier to place the "camera" anywhere you may need it.

James Mclain
Owner and Creator of
Whalebone IR and Software

or view and buy our products on ebay:   Search for IR pen or products by shakespeare1212.