Author Topic: Fake touch sensitive monitor  (Read 4153 times)

Offline catcher39

• View Profile
on: December 16, 2009, 10:12:50 PM
i was looking at some of the things being developed on here and i had an idea but not being a programmer i wouldnt know if it would be viable or not, i thought about attaching an led to your finger and using a wiimote to track the position of your finger on the monitor to move the mouse then maybe a quick jerking motion of the finger would translate to the mouse button being pressed, maybe 1 quick movement for the right button and 2 for the left. maybe you would need 2 wiimotes to pick up the movements presicely one at the top of the monitor and one at the side as you can see i've thought about this alot and i wish i could program as i would love to try to do this myself but maybe some smart person on here could attempt it. let me know how it goes.

Offline boonjin

• Smoothboard Developer
    • View Profile
    • Smoothboard
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 07:20:02 AM
Hi,

It is possible to use an LED on the finger but using a quick jerking motion to indicate a button to be pressed will be difficult to be differentiated with an ordinary movement.

It may be better to use another switch or directly use a pressure sensitive tip for the IR led on the finger.

Regards,
Boon Jin

Smoothboard
Wii Whiteboard/Wiimote Whiteboard with annotation features and collaborate with multiple iPads and Android Tablets!

Smoothboard for Mac
Using a Mac? Now you can annotate on PowerPoint or Keynote slideshows!

BoonJin[/url

Offline Benjimoron

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 08:57:45 AM
Is it possible to use 2 wiimotes, one over the shoulder to see the led's position and the second parallel to the screen to be able to tell when the led is touching the screen?